Previously, Google and Railtel have join hands together under the Digital India initiative to provide free high-speed public Wi-Fi service at 400 railway stations across India. Recently, they have announced 9 new stations which will be getting free Wi-Fi services.
There are currently 10 railway stations that are offering free Wi-Fi services which includes Mumbai, Pune, Bhubaneshwar, Bhopal, Kacheguda (Hyderabad), Ernakulum Jn (Kochi), Ranchi, Raipur, Vijayawada and Vishakhapatnam.
By the end of this year, Google and Railtel has a goal of providing this public Wi-Fi service at around 100 railway stations across India.
How To Connect To Free Wi-Fi Service At Railway Stations / (How To Connect To Railwire)
- Step 1: Enable your device Wi-Fi.
- Step 2: Connect to the Railwire network. (Only available at selected stations).
- Step 3: Open your browser, go to (www.railwire.co.in).
- Step 4: Type-in your mobile number and press at “Receive SMS”.
- Step 5: After pressing “Receive SMS” button, you will receive a message with 4-digit code that now you have to enter and press “Done”.
- Step 6: That’s all, you will be connected to the high-speed free Wi-Fi network.
Stay tuned for more upcoming tech updates at TechGadget360.com.